This week we celebrate the four year anniversary of 3191 Miles Apart. After collaborating on our A Year of Mornings and Evenings projects, we started this space in February of 2009 as a place to connect with each other every week and share a glimpse of the rhythm of our days with you all.
Like our previous projects, we didn’t plan out our posts or discuss them ahead of time. It felt equally surprising and expected that we would both post chocolate hearts that week (MAV’s first post and mine).
Much has changed in the ensuing years (I have a teenager now—gulp!), but more has stayed the same. 3191 Miles Apart remains a place of connection—with each other—and with the folks that visit here.
Thank you for gathering with us here. Here’s to many more years!! XO.
Notes on the photos:
1. Heart branch weaving. Branch weaving instructions can be found in Issue No. 8 of 3191 Quarterly. Please note: This issue will only be available for two more weeks!!
2. Some impromptu Valentine-decorating in our mud room.
3. A favorite heart-shaped wood plate.
4. Pomegranate fruit gels. I use the recipe on the Knox gelatin box and use this juice (I add no sugar).
5. Happy heart day. A good read on the history of the heart as symbol of love.